Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > Paintball Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Paintball Talk Live and die Paintball

Old 09-15-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by going_home View Post
In case you didn't notice, the Evo is mechanical so there goes your whole theory.

Love you too Doug, but it's the same with me as with you, I could care less what you think.

I can however agree to disagree, not sure if you can do that, but I can.

Good luck.

No, if you wish to obstinate for obstinate sake, sure we can agree to disagree. But you have it all wrong. Not that you qish to be pigheaded, but you do not understand. You can not comprehend even the differences of a trigger. So, i get to teach you mechanics.

Cockers, have a 2 stage trigger. 2 stages, not 1. On the 1st stage, 'the pull', you trip the sear, dropping the hammer to strike the valve. In that pull, you also begin to switch the air flow from the 3-way (or properly, the 4 way) to the ram to open and push the back block back to recock the gun.

The 2nd stage, or 'release'. As you pulled the trigger all the way back, the back block is fully extended, the hammer is set against the sear and the breech is open, allowing a ball to be rechambered in the breech. As you release, the 3-way switches air again to the ram, to return the back block & bolt to the closed poisition, seating the new ball in the breech, readying the gun to fire.

In a mag, you pull the trigger, you release the bolt and close the on off. That is it. By design, the internals reset themselves without any input from the trigger, short of not holding the trigger back fully. That is why, in proper mag trigger hygiene, you get off the trigger as quick as you pull it. More akin to an electro, which has a board and programming to control the firing sequence.

By that, it takes some understanding and a little muscle memory to get the trigger down. Even myself, i need to take a few shots to remember to pull the trigger fully. And to a point, the faster you pull it the more necessity it is to pull fully and to complete a full cycle.

Now, by new design and implementation, Simon with the Ressurection and subsequent pneumatics, made the gun easier for those to shoot well without having the normal problems of a cocker of a generation ago. Not only the valve train, but also the pneumatics, the trigger and parts like the better design of the front block.

Anyway, you can have a mechanical mag, you can have a pneu-mag, you can have a ULT mag, none of those compare with a cocker. So, no, your example is like a sieve, it doesn't hold any water. Hope you read and actually try to understand. Cause no, i don't love you.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by govnamac View Post
I'm willing to help out to make another event happen in the spring. Keep it at top gun or maybe see if we can work something out with skirmish in Pa since that was always my favorite field to play at And they have something like 1000 acres of fields. Maybe spread some of the legwork around to other people so it's not all on one or two people.
There is not much that does need to be done, as it were but volunteers are always welcome.

But for Skirmish, i truly doubt it. Top Gun, not only has hosted every Tunaball and is family, but we get the run of the place. We are esteemed guests, which goes a long way. Not onky is it a somewhat central location, but it has many things right around it. Skirmish, would treat us without a discount, and as just another private group. It is not that skirmish is better than Top Gun, but skirmish would not treat us with respect of who we are. Basically, we do not turn our backs against family.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
There is not much that does need to be done, as it were but volunteers are always welcome.

But for Skirmish, i truly doubt it. Top Gun, not only has hosted every Tunaball and is family, but we get the run of the place. We are esteemed guests, which goes a long way. Not onky is it a somewhat central location, but it has many things right around it. Skirmish, would treat us without a discount, and as just another private group. It is not that skirmish is better than Top Gun, but skirmish would not treat us with respect of who we are. Basically, we do not turn our backs against family.
From what I've read there won't be any more Tunaball , Top Gun is a nice place and we are treated well ( and I understand the Loyalty & Family part ) , but to say it is a somewhat central location is a little off , I think . I know a field where Maggots are treated with more respect than any other baller , hell when ya walk in the front door the First thing ya see is a 10foot long Airgun Designs Banner , at said field NO ONE is treated " as just another private group " . It's not that any one field is better than another , they are all different . As far as discounts go 15$ entry and air and 60$ a case for premium paint , it's hard to discount that price and really , we spend thousands on the sport we love ,, does a 15/20$ discount really mean that much to us ??
The newest catch phrase seems to be " Grow the Sport " and it seems to be workin , I've got 1 new field and another fixin to open within 100 miles of my place ( that's close for around here ) ,, today I'm havin a group of College Professors come to play paintball ( GO WVU ) , who would have never played if it weren't for my field
And really PCPB is an amazing place , rocks as big as houses , wooded/shaded fields , and it actually " normal " to jump up deer on the field , but it's rough , roughest I've ever played ( Allen even lost weight so he could be a better player at my field ) , not a flatlanders field for sure , no pretty swept floor kinda fields , hell I have one field we call Ankle Breaker , Paintball the way it started , In The Woods , Real World Woods
Old 09-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Benevolent Dictator

Bottom line is we need an excursion done to Hanks place to show some love.

I for one love banjos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
its a joke that he is called the Mag Whisperer, till he fixes the unfixable and hands you a gun that sings, screams and does everything you wanted it to be, and then the name is well earned.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
Bottom line is we need an excursion done to Hanks place to show some love.

I for one love banjos.
And Quart jars
Old 09-15-2017, 02:59 PM
Benevolent Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
And Quart jars
I think that's what gave me the gout

(But I would never refuse your hospitality)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
its a joke that he is called the Mag Whisperer, till he fixes the unfixable and hands you a gun that sings, screams and does everything you wanted it to be, and then the name is well earned.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:50 PM
Hebrews 13:8

I am ready for another excursion to west by gosh virginny....

Giddyup !

Old 09-19-2017, 05:43 PM

Yeah,

I'm down as well. You guys came to us, so turnabout's more than fair play.

Edit: This, of course, does not preclude me from continuing the fight to maintain Tunaball (which, by definition, has to be at Top Gun ).