Go Back   BigEvil Online > The Market Place > The Dealers Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Dealers Section For Dealers to hock their wares.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM

Default Aftermarket X-mag ACE Boards

As you know X-mag/E-mag ACE is a big issue as they are not manufactured anymore. Therefore I have asked Chris Nearchos if he can offer his hand in producing after market boards to replace fried boards, or act as spares for that doomsday that would hopefully never come (board gets fried).

The proposal is to offer an aftermarket ACE board, that would functionally be the same as an AGD ACE board, but not an exact copy. The ACE setup would be placed onto a dummy board, and fit into the same pocket the AGD ace boards do, and operate the same. Using this process, you get the same functionality at a fraction of the cost, only $47.00. Again, to reiterate, these are aftermarket boards producing same functionality as the AGD boards, however are not reproductions of AGD boards.

Pros:
Same functionality
Externally same appearance
Cheaper

Cons:
Not original?

As far as I know there will only be ONE run of these and this thread is meant to gage interest for that run, this is not a pre-order yet.

If interested, please post below and what # you want, and of what type - and I will add you to the list. and Please Pm ME with questions, Chris is a busy guy and this is my project with him doing the manufacturing.

1. Mostpeople - 2 boards
2. Anatidaeph - 2 boards
3. Gimp - 1 board
4. TeamJackal37 - 1 board
5. MentlHazrd - 1 Wireloom with on/off
6. Swiss_Cheeze - 1 board
7. Dark Side - 1 board
8. mpsd - 1 board
9. C_losjoker - 2 boards
10. Outlaw5 - 1 board
11. Ajoe - 2 boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos
few small things i would like to mention as detials if I do the run.

1) the aces WILL COME with the wiring harness needed. but unlike the original ace wiring setup, this will be a complete plug and play setup. no soldering required! so dont need to worry about screwing up either board.

2) I can also offer the small parts needed for the ace set incase people arent using these as replacements on their X's. (i.e. the screw, stilt, eye cover/protecter.

3) I can do the ace setup in two different ways. if you are wanting it as a replacement for a X, i will have it set up on a board just like the original ACE. but i can also offer it in a wire loom setup if someone wishes (like in the EURO X).

4) and i better tell you now so that you can use it as a selling point. the way that i have the setup planned, the board does not ground out via the grounding post. its grounded out via the main board. this will prevent and stop all frying issues that the original ace setup has.

-Chris
Old 09-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Contributing Member

Default few small things

few small things i would like to mention as detials if I do the run.

1) the aces WILL COME with the wiring harness needed. but unlike the original ace wiring setup, this will be a complete plug and play setup. no soldering required! so dont need to worry about screwing up either board.

2) I can also offer the small parts needed for the ace set incase people arent using these as replacements on their X's. (i.e. the screw, stilt, eye cover/protecter.

3) I can do the ace setup in two different ways. if you are wanting it as a replacement for a X, i will have it set up on a board just like the original ACE. but i can also offer it in a wire loom setup if someone wishes (like in the EURO X).

-Chris
Old 09-24-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chris Nearchos
]and i better tell you now so that you can use it as a selling point. the way that i have the setup planned, the board does not ground out via the grounding post. its grounded out via the main board. this will prevent and stop all frying issues that the original ace setup has.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Founding Member

It seems to me that if Chris already has a working SMALLER replacement for the ACE boards out now, there is room for someone to redo the only part that is left to redo,.... the mainboard.

I dont mean to kill the thunder,.... but maybe a direction to go in would be making a daughter board that plugs into the UTB and can plug in Chris's smaller ACE board.......

Just a tought,.....
Old 09-25-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me View Post
It seems to me that if Chris already has a working SMALLER replacement for the ACE boards out now, there is room for someone to redo the only part that is left to redo,.... the mainboard.

I dont mean to kill the thunder,.... but maybe a direction to go in would be making a daughter board that plugs into the UTB and can plug in Chris's smaller ACE board.......

Just a tought,.....
Good points, for sure. From what I understand those are for his breakbeam system only..

There is however a market out there for original functionality and appearance. I know because I have been in contact with chris about that exact issue myself. The beauty of the thing is, Chris_Nearchos is from all outward appearances willing to work with people to get them what they want. So if you truly want what you are describing, im sure he'll work with you too.

Myself however, I want a system that appears, and functions the same as the original.. and a VERY big factor for me is original outward appearance and function.

The other Reproduction ACE boards will be appx 3x the cost, and less safe. These will function the same, be VERY similar, be cheaper, and have that same outward appearance and functionality -- I hope this answers your questions.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me View Post

could you reword that a bit? I dont know if your talking about having my E/X/SFL/euro-mag break beam system or the current reflective eye system being talked about here. but yea, please reword that a bit more clear if you could. iam sure i can help you out with what you want though.

-Chris
Old 09-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

also, already ahead of you on the a new/replacement main board for the mags. but iam waiting on "LorneCash" to either be willing to work with me on the software.....or for him to have all his programmers sold so i can go off of that software. I have already tried to work something out with him....but he only attacked me in the open.

-Chris
Old 09-26-2008, 06:16 AM
Founding Member

Sure, I can re-word it a bit Chris.

What I mean is use the UTB as the main board, and rather than have a big wire harness that has a bunch of soldered connections,.... we should have a blank board that has a header for the UTB to plug into and then some 2-pos JST 1.25mm connectors that you can plug all the components into (the solenoid, battery pack, your break beam eye board, the stock ACE board, the HES, ect)

The point of the daughter board is to eliminate the need to pull out anything but the main board if it goes bad, and to have no wire loom.

Get rid of the high priced and unwanted items like the LED screen. Get simple and use an flat faced LED such as the one used on the Scenario Dreams EGO boards.

Daughter boards would be cheap to produce as they have nothing on them but solder routes and female headers for components. Were talking sub $20 each for a batch of 100.

~ P8nt
Old 09-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

i never thought about that. hmm let me ask you this then....(or anyone that has one)....do you have a broken or fried UTB board laying around that i could use to design the "duaghter" board. If someone can get me that or a nice complete wiring/board blue print..... i could do it if you gents want such a thing.

-Chris
Old 09-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nearchos View Post
i never thought about that. hmm let me ask you this then....(or anyone that has one)....do you have a broken or fried UTB board laying around that i could use to design the "duaghter" board. If someone can get me that or a nice complete wiring/board blue print..... i could do it if you gents want such a thing.

-Chris

If you give me your address,.. I will send you a brand new one with everything bundled to do whatever you wish.

PM me.

~ P8nt