Go Back   BigEvil Online > The Lounge > BigEvil's Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

BigEvil's Bar & Grill Off-Topic Discussions

Old 04-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

Location: McDonough, GA where the men are men and the cows run scared
Default Possibly some good news and general update

I talked to my old boss the other day on the phone. He made it out like they were fully expecting to bring me back to work soon. It is a wholly different feeling than I get from his wife, but at this time I really prefer to just think on the positive side of the thing. I have had enough bad news lately....lol.
I really am looking forward to getting back to work now. I have sat around so long that I am actually starting to get used to it. I am getting so out of shape its unreal, although I can't really do much about that at the moment.

As far as everything else, I am getting all my legal matters lined up and knocked out. I have my certificate to get my license back. So now all I have to do is wait for the time to be up.

It is also looking right now like my classes will come to an end on time. I was expecting to get extended after a conversation I had with the counselor the other week. We got on a subject somewhat outside the realm of what I am in the class for. It had to do with my inlaws and my feelings about them. This is something that has been going on since well before my wife and I got married. I am sure for those of you that "know me" have read a post or two about their hijinks along the way somewhere. The point came down to my telling her that there was no way she could pretend or be pretentious enough to act as if she knew anything about that situation through talking to me a few minutes within one hour a week, and that it would be best that we stuck to the subject at hand. Needless to say it is a long story, the end result being that I turned some of her psychologist (jedi) mind trick back on her and challenged her.

We had a small chat during a break this last weekend at (another) class and she actually paid me a complement. It meant a lot to me. I have been doing a lot of work on my sobriety, attitudes, and outlook. I was very suprized that she vocalized what she did after the "incident" that we had.

It is sort of funny really. We were having a conversation in this other class about drugs and alcohol and the progression of use, etc. Anyone who has taken the "DUI class" will know what I am talking about. One of the signs of the later progressions was having tried and failed giving up the using activities. I was asked about that and had stated that I had never tried to give it up, so therefore had not failed at trying. This was looked on doubtfully of course, to which I told the truth and said that I had always enjoyed and had a good relationship with my weed and alcohol...lol.

I have to admit, its a daily challenge to choose not to use. If there was one bit of advice I could give anyone, and trying my best not to be preachy or accusing. If you find that you are drinking or using everyday do your best to stop it now before it takes over. Its an amazingly subtle thing that it does to work its way into every aspect of your life and manner of thinking. You will never see it coming. Take it from me, I never realized in the past 20 years of using what it had done to me until I had been sober for a few months.

Anyway, I am getting way off track. My health is still improving, it looks like my professional issues are going to work out, my legal issues are straightening up. In the midst of many dark clouds I am choosing to see the silver linings and life is good.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Benevolent Dictator

Hey glad to hear it. It's always good to have goals. You don't want to hear mine. But I think I can speak for most of us when I say that we are all happy you are on the right track and that we would equally as much like to shoot you at Tunaball.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
its a joke that he is called the Mag Whisperer, till he fixes the unfixable and hands you a gun that sings, screams and does everything you wanted it to be, and then the name is well earned.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Founding Member

Glad to hear things are on the up!

you handled things way better then i ever could.
does this mean you will be attending tunaball?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Code Monkey & Markernecromancer

Good to hear that you can still find the silver lining among all of the clouds.

Keep working at it. We are all pulling for you.

Ty
-
-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation. - James Madison

A politician will do anything to keep his job, even become a patriot. - William Randolph Hearst
Old 04-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Founding Member

Way to stay possitve about things. Reading some of your post about these thinks gives me more respect for you. I feel you are handling this whole situation very. Cant say i would do the same...??? Good luck with work and everything else....