Go Back   BigEvil Online > The Lounge > BigEvil's Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

BigEvil's Bar & Grill Off-Topic Discussions

Old 11-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Contributing Member

Well, with the new backwards compatibility release, it makes sense to go XB1. They're only ever going to grow that catalog.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Fat Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
So elderstatesmen... as our resident gaming expert I need an expert opinion. I need to upgrade from my Xbox 360... should I go xbox one or PS4? If I want to contact terrorists I should get a ps4... but are there any other advantages?
that's not an easy one to answer.

for the most part, i've noticed that it comes down to three main factors:1) are there any particular exclusives that you prefer on either console 2) what do your friends have 3) general brand loyalty.

minor factors:
ps4 does have more power under the hood, so games will always look slightly prettier there and run slightly smoother.

if you go xbox and decide on getting a kinect, i feel like that is a huge plus. i love our kinect. we run the tv through our xbox, and using voice commands to control everything is awesome. but many people don't like the kinect for whatever reason. i feel like if it's calibrated right, it's great.

xbox is rolling out backwards compatibility. it's a short list for now, and expanding the list of bc eligible games depends on if the developers allow ms to convert the games (for instance, red dead redemption is close to #1 on requested bc games, but rockstar recently said no to making it bc compatible). so even though ms is working on it, not every game will be bc.

if you like ea, xbox has ea access. $30/year subscription gives you: 10% off ea games, 10 hr trials of any new game, and free games (to current subscribers) that they add to their "vault".

ps4 has remote streaming to vita.

ps4 has game sharing. not sure of the exact details, but it's something like a friend can connect and watch you play a game. and at any point, he can take control and play your game for a while.

that's all i can think of off the top of my head. the minor stuff is eh... so it really comes down to those three main factors i mentioned before. are you a sony pony or an xbot?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

Old 11-17-2015, 11:06 AM
Contributing Member

And if you have Windows 10, you can stream Xbox games to your PC to play there. A neat feature if your machine is up to it.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Fat Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
And if you have Windows 10, you can stream Xbox games to your PC to play there. A neat feature if your machine is up to it.
yea, there's that too. it actually doesn't take anything major, computer specs wise. it more has to do with how good your internet connection is in your house. i stream to my surface pro 3 in order to record gameplay clips.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

I've been playing in the Overwatch beta for a few weeks now and decided to start recording some of the matches. Here's a few that I've done so far.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Fat Balla

dude, that's awesome! I recently signed up after seeing you talk a bunch about it. crossing my fingers on getting in.

unless there are beta testing stipulations, you should monetize your vids. adjust the titles and descriptions to catch people searching for overwatch vids, and I'm sure you'd get some good traffic.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

That's kind of the direction I'm heading. Not sure if I want to do any voiceover or editing/text overlays or of stuff I'm playing.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Contributing Member

I was worried because when I originally uploaded them, it was only at 360p - and I had a 21 kill streak going with one recording. Totally depressed that it was going to stay that way - turns out they upped it to 720p (highest my monitor will go) overnight.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

Last edited by Dayspring; 11-24-2015 at 03:24 PM..