Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > Marker Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Marker Gallery Pics of your awesome gats.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 PM

Wink My 1st halfblock build!!

Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 AM

looks good cept 2 things, IMO.

1) i'd change the front block out for better parts. the sledge works but you can't adjust it without taking it apart and there are better 4-ways too. the ram, isn't bad so that is the lowest priority.

2) (this is all personal preference, so you can tell me to take my statement and stick it up my ass) i don't know if you had it cut, but i do detest when people just hack up the body in a straight cut without any care for esthetics. if there was a little meat surrounding the bolt and sled, it would look 100 times better.

but halfblocks are fun and they still have the magic of that something moving in front of your eyes to really just memorize you.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
looks good cept 2 things, IMO.

1) i'd change the front block out for better parts. the sledge works but you can't adjust it without taking it apart and there are better 4-ways too. the ram, isn't bad so that is the lowest priority.

2) (this is all personal preference, so you can tell me to take my statement and stick it up my ass) i don't know if you had it cut, but i do detest when people just hack up the body in a straight cut without any care for esthetics. if there was a little meat surrounding the bolt and sled, it would look 100 times better.

but halfblocks are fun and they still have the magic of that something moving in front of your eyes to really just memorize you.
1) front block is going to be changed in near future as soon as I get more mula/money. I plan on using resurrection pneumatics
2) a friend of mine offered to machine the halfblock with his Cnc so I just used the JCM guide, I didn't have time to draw up lines or a different type of chop. Plus it was free. I'm thinking next time maybe a mid block with the body stair stepping down in the back kinda like the Jeff Orr bodies
3) this is #1 of 2 I just picked up some bodies halfblock project I'm nearly finished with it also
Old 09-11-2013, 11:41 PM

Very nice. I think I'm going to be sending my Sniper in for a halfblocking once SSC is ready with his new kits.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:41 AM

i am not entirely happy with my jcurt block and sled. if Staunchy had his when i built mine, i would have gone with that(or at least anything else). so a beggar can not be a chooser...
Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 PM

There were a handful of JCM kits up on Fleabay earlier in the week for like $25 ea. With his rep going into the toilet though, hope they aren't seconds or anything. I thought these normally went for $70-80?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:25 PM

$35 is what I heard originally. As far as stanchy I believe his is a straight copy of jcurts