Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > BEO - Tech Department > Paintball Electronics Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Founding Member

Default R.P.C E/X-Mag Board Install Guide/Manual

Here is a photographic guide to aid you in the proper installation of your Reflex Paintball Customs E/X-Mag Board

WARNING!!!! IF YOU AT ANY POINT THROUGH THE INSTALLATION FEEL THAT YOU CAN NOT COMPLETE THE WORK, DO NOT PROCEED! WE RECOMMEND SENDING OUT YOUR FRAME AND BOARD TO AN AUTHORIZED INSTALLATION CENTER. DAMAGE CAUSED BY IMPROPER INSTALLATION IS NOT COVERED BY THE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY!!!!!

Step #1: Stripping Your Frame
Start by getting the majority of parts removed from your frame. We recommend that you follow the AGD E-Mag and X-Mag guide for the proper removal of the OEM parts.
The goal is to have your frame look like this from the side:

... and this from the top:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
It's one of those paintball paradoxes, like: I have the time but no money, but when I have the money, I have no time!
Quote:
To: Happy Birthday!

BigEvil: More like a Knight than a pawn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by p8ntbal4me; 04-27-2014 at 02:12 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Founding Member

Step #2: Preparing your Hall Effect Sensor (HES)

Your HES only goes in one way. You must FIRST install the sensor end of the assembly to the frame from the right hand side. If you try to insert your connector end that mates with the board, it will become damaged.

From the left hand side of the frame, this is what you should see:

The HES comes un-bent to aid in simple installation to the frame. Before seating the HES into its assembly, you will need to put a 90 degree bend in the sensor wire leads. This is done with a pair of pliers.

Simply grab the SIDE of the sensor and gently bend it over. If you have done it correctly, it will look like this:

Step #3: Installing your HES into the HES Holder Top and Bottom
Place your bent HES into the Bottom section of the HES Holder

Now take the Hall Holder Top and screw, and thread the screw into the Top and Bottom sections like so:

Your goal is to fully seat the wires in their channel so they do not pinch and the sensor sits flush when assembled. Properly assembled HES with Top and Bottom Holder will look like this:

Take your HES Assembly and push it into place in your frame on the left side:

From the right side, you want to have your wires in the channel to avoid pinching them:

Quote:
It's one of those paintball paradoxes, like: I have the time but no money, but when I have the money, I have no time!
Quote:

Old 04-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Founding Member

Step #4: Installing your Battery Power Lead (E-Mag only)

Take your Positive Terminal Screw and install the Nylon Insulator Bushing over the screw. Take the screw with the nylon insulator and install it into the Positive Terminal Hole in the frame.

Now place the other half of the Nylon Insulator (the washer) over the Positive Terminal Screw:

Install the Positive Terminal Power Lead:

Install the Positive Terminal Nut and route your Power Lead wire in the channel:

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by p8ntbal4me; 04-27-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Founding Member

Step #5: Installing the Solenoid

Place your Solenoid with Solenoid Mount (removed from your old solenoid) into the left hand side of the frame:

Install the Solenoid Mount Screw from the right hand side of the frame:

,.. and secure:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Founding Member

Step #6: Installing the Board

CAUTION!!! THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN BREAK YOUR BOARD!!!! READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND LOOK AT THE PHOTOS CAREFULLY!!!! THE BUTTONS CAN BREAK OFF IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS CORRECTLY!!!

BEFORE INSTALLING YOUR BOARD, ENSURE THAT THE BUTTON EXTENDERS ARE INSTALLED AND ARE FULLY SEATED TO THE REAR OF THE FRAME!!!!

Grasp your board from the bottom left hand side closest to the LED:

Place the board in the frame on an angle so that the right hand side of the board goes in FIRST:

Gently let the board drop in place. Keep a close eye on the button extenders so that the board buttons DO NOT become hung up on them!

A properly seated board with no damage to the buttons will look like this:

Take your board mount screw,....

,... and secure it in place

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by p8ntbal4me; 04-27-2014 at 01:18 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Founding Member

Step #7: Connecting the Solenoid

Take the 2 wire connector from your solenoid and plug it into the Solenoid Connection port on your board:

Step #8: Install the Right Hand Side Panel

Take a look at your wires. Ensure they are in their respective channels and will not pinch when installing the panel:

,..... install your panel

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Founding Member

Step #9: Connect the HES to the board

Step #10: Connect the Positive Terminal Lead to the Board:

Step #11: Install the Solenoid Plunger and Sear Assembly:

Take the plunger and fold the sear up and to the left (counter clockwise) so it looks like this:

,.. roll your Sear Assembly to the right (clockwise) so it looks like this:

,.. and install your Solenoid E Clip:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Founding Member

Congratulations!

From here you are completed! Just install your left hand panel and assemble your marker per AGD E/X-Mag manual.

*** If you have a Warp Feed cable or Wireless/RF module to install, see below.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Founding Member

Installing a Wireless/RF module

Testing has been completed using a Virtue RF module. Installation is very straight forward and does not involve the removal of your board.

** Your module wire harness may differ from the one shown. Please contact the manufacturer of your module for proper installation and use.

** WE RECOMMEND INSULATING THE MODULE TO PREVENT ELECTRONIC/VOLTAGE DAMAGE TO YOUR MAIN BOARD!!!!!

The Auxiliary Port (AUX) on the Main Board will activate each time the solenoid receives a signal to activate. Both the solenoid port and the AUX port are independent of one another and have their own voltage supply. The AUX port has a +5 voltage power supply.

Simply connect the module to the port and your done:

With a piece of Heat Shrink Tube (un-heated) used as an insulator, you can protect both your main board and module from damage:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Founding Member

Using the Tournament Lock

The Tournament (Tourney) Lock does not require any tools to enable or disable, and we recommend that you use only your finger to change the settings.

When the white tab it to the Left Hand side of the switch (toward the front of your marker) the lock is off (disabled). In this position, you can fully program your board:

When the white tab it to the Right Hand side of the switch (toward the rear of your marker) the lock is on (enabled). In this position, you can not program your board (fire modes, settings, etc):

Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread