Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > Paintball Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Paintball Talk Live and die Paintball

Old 10-12-2014, 10:55 PM
find the board and you can ban me

Default has paintball reached a Plateau?

Has paintball gone as far as it can ?

All the new stuff seems to be exactly the same If not a step back
Old 10-13-2014, 12:28 AM
BEO Mafia

In some ways i think so.

Guns i think have reachedd the point that they can go much farther. They cant go faster. Thats just dangerous. Its goona take something interesting to inovate change there

The game play, stlyle can change but i think it wont to much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Evil will always triumph. Because good is dumb." Lord Dark Helmet

“The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.” Karl Marx

Quote:
bah, Keith is a drug dealer. gets you a sniff or a quick taste then he hooks you hard and you HAVE to buy the next item. i hate you, cause you willingly take my money for incredible designs and attention to detail.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Benevolent Dictator

The market will ultimately determine what new products are developed. technologically, we hit a plateau. Now we are in an era of refinement. That is fine with me.

I am more interested in the general health of paintball as a whole, not just of equipment sales. There already are about 100 markers in the world for every one player. Most serious players own multiple markers, hoppers, masks,ect. The new players have a ton of options for entry level equipment. Much of which is pretty good.

Until adults come back to the game in significant numbers, I believe manufacturers will continue to find it difficult to sell $1000+ markers. There are too many kids in the game now.

I wish the focus of improvement for paintball would happen at the field and new player level. For every TopGun or CPX there are 10 shit holes that do more to harm the game then help it by ruining the noobies who want to try paintball out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
its a joke that he is called the Mag Whisperer, till he fixes the unfixable and hands you a gun that sings, screams and does everything you wanted it to be, and then the name is well earned.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:35 AM

Possibly. Unless some ideas like the Evolt(the onboard air generating gun) that were too early for its own good come back with newer and better tech, then yes, we are nearing the zenith. The guns no longer tout the fastest or smoothest or most efficiency, because they are all about the same, or at least the style of play accommodated them. Until there is a drastic shift in the style of play, there won't be anything new.

So the sport as a whole needs to either reinvent itself or look to fostering the newer blood from jumping, as the lifers are getting older and soon every day of play will be a vintage gun day.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

I thought Tom's idea of a marker that autocorrected for shooting hot/cold was pretty awesome.

I do agree with Scott about the fields. Of the three fields local to me in FL, there is only one that I would bring my kids to. Those guys took good care of them out there. If you raise the kids right, they'll love the game and want to come back.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Contributing Member

the best was one time at long live paintball, some dude pulled a knife because he got bonus balled. that isn't doing anything for endearing noobs to paintball
Old 10-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Contributing Member

I have some thoughts on this will add layer while not on my phone.
"I love it when you hate someone. It brings out the scholar in you." diOs
Old 10-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Quad Violation Porking Everyone.

I agree, it has pretty much plateaued.

”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

It is called "The Bill Of Rights," " Not the Bill Of Needs."

Old 10-14-2014, 05:25 PM
find the board and you can ban me

Has any one tried to remove the trigger and use a beam break eyes ?
Old 10-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Benevolent Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redic View Post
Has any one tried to remove the trigger and use a beam break eyes ?
You mean an opti switch? There was some rule made against them IIRC. Same thing with HES and magnets in the fingers of gloves

Quote:
its a joke that he is called the Mag Whisperer, till he fixes the unfixable and hands you a gun that sings, screams and does everything you wanted it to be, and then the name is well earned.