Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > Paintball Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Paintball Talk Live and die Paintball

Old 07-29-2016, 09:53 AM
Contributing Member

Default Zodiac still making improvements?

I just happened to notice on FB that Zodiac has still been making some small improvements/upgrades to the ZR-1 in the past year.

Soft-tip for the bolt
finally an on/off ASA/HPR (although it's not really needed - and it kind of looks like shit )
prototyping a tool-less back cap for the LPR
freak-bored Zodiac barrels

I have been hardly playing any paintball over the past few years and have used my ZR-1 even less. I considered selling it at one point but the resale is so bad that it's just better to keep it.

Do any of you other ZR-1 owners still use yours? Would some of these upgrades be worthwhile?

I would maybe consider the bolt tip, but everything else isn't really necessary.
The LPR cap is neat, but it's one of those things where once you get it right, you don't f'in touch it again!!

Everyone (not you guys) was crying over the on/off ASA when the ZR-1 came out, but it REALLY isn't even all that necessary. There is almost zero effort to remove the LP tank. I think those inline NDZ on/offs were still available at the time and probably would have worked just as well.

anyway... </ my paintball talk contribution for the year>
Old 07-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Benevolent Dictator

IF you plan on using it at all get the soft tip. I modded a bolt to take a mag foamy and it made a huge difference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
its a joke that he is called the Mag Whisperer, till he fixes the unfixable and hands you a gun that sings, screams and does everything you wanted it to be, and then the name is well earned.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:17 PM

Me and Scott tossed around the idea of making an adapter plate to put the Axe reg/ASA on the gun to solve the major issue of how inconsistent the stock shitty reg is. Keith still has my axe reg, but it has been seriously backburnered.