Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > BEO - Tech Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

BEO - Tech Department Discuss anything tech related - projects, mods, questions and troubleshooting.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Mildly Derranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
How much of the performance/feel is due to the Micro Rock vs. the placement of the MSV?

From my understanding, the Rock obviously gives better consistency and recharge at lower pressures, but how much does that really affect the MSV compared to using a Tickler (which requires higher pressures to reduce drop-off)

With the MSV mounted higher, the trigger-pull-length on the lever is shortened by a bit which will make it feel smoother.

I guess my real question is, could I just move the MSV up higher and still continue to use a Tickler and still see improvements?
The trigger pull will get shorter and crisper. However it will get heavier (you may or may not notice). That's where the Microrock works it's magic.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
BEO Mafia

Been thinking of this, Since I run the LPR on the rail of my RT instead of in the frame. What would it do to the gun if I left the msv on both mounting holes & used a Rock on the outside. Or is shifting the msv up part of the solution. Oh yes I know Rocks are a huge reg. Just what I have around.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Evil SSP Comandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar20th View Post
Been thinking of this, Since I run the LPR on the rail of my RT instead of in the frame. What would it do to the gun if I left the msv on both mounting holes & used a Rock on the outside. Or is shifting the msv up part of the solution. Oh yes I know Rocks are a huge reg. Just what I have around.
I think it would be just as effective because the magic (almost immediate recharge) is in the rock or micro-rock. The only reason the MSV-2 is moved up and the arm shortened is to accomidate the micro-rock inside the frame. Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Benevolent Dictator

Shortening the arm also means a shorter throw.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
its a joke that he is called the Mag Whisperer, till he fixes the unfixable and hands you a gun that sings, screams and does everything you wanted it to be, and then the name is well earned.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Evil SSP Comandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
Shortening the arm also means a shorter throw.
yes, this also
Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Benevolent Dictator

This has to be endorsed as the official method to build a M-90. I was just messing mine, and it is awesome and full of pneumatic win!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
its a joke that he is called the Mag Whisperer, till he fixes the unfixable and hands you a gun that sings, screams and does everything you wanted it to be, and then the name is well earned.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:34 PM
BEO Minister of Infomercials

Quote:
This has to be endorsed as the official method to build a M-90. I was just messing mine, and it is awesome and full of pneumatic win!
I whole heartedly disagree.

When you buy a new car (or paintball gun) there are always modifications that the owner can do to make it better suited to their needs and or style. This is one of those situations. There is nothing wrong with making a better mousetrap that is all this is.

There should not be an endorsement unless Magnus is willing to redesign the frame making this a bolt on method. which it can't unless you can convince the people selling pneumag kits to make the necessary modifications to the MSV-2 that make this method possible.

......You know you want one!!

I SPEND MONEY I DON'T HAVE, TO BUILD GUNS I DON'T NEED, TO IMPRESS PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Benevolent Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practice Target View Post

What?

Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 AM
BEO Minister of Infomercials

Quote:
What?
Huh?

......You know you want one!!

I SPEND MONEY I DON'T HAVE, TO BUILD GUNS I DON'T NEED, TO IMPRESS PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

I shot SSP's M90 Pneumag this weekend in the chrono range.
Even with my clumsy fingers, I was ripping ropes on anything I targeted with NO short-stroking!
I almost giggled like a little girl

I think I'm going to work on modding my msv and trigger pin soon but still may keep the tickler for now and see how it feels.

Can anyone tell me how the feel of this setup compares to the E-90 frame?
I know they're two different animals but don't really need two similar-feel mags. I like my pneumag already, but certainly doesn't compare to what I shot this weekend.