Go Back   BigEvil Online > BigEvilOnline Forums > BEO - Tech Department
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

BEO - Tech Department Discuss anything tech related - projects, mods, questions and troubleshooting.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

Default ULE body & RTP valve on Classic RT rail?

Another case of more projects than I have time...

I happen to have an XMT ULE RT-style body (I have a Classic RT ULE body too, but this is not the case here) along with an RT-Pro valve.

I want to put it on my Classic RT rail. I'm aware that I will need to have a z-lock channel milled but I've recently read about the length between the body frame screw and the back frame screw holes not being the same as a "standard" rail, essentially making this modification impossible.

But then there's this thread: http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...t-front-bodies

XMT has ule'd his classic rail and milled a channel for his X-valve.
So does this work or nah?

I certainly don't want to have my rail modified only to find that I wasted money on a mod that cannot be done.

As for the field strip screw, I've found mentioned in a few places on AO where a lvl 7 spacer can be used (although not sure if you can then put the rail bushing in there) for the frame alignment.

Have any of you had luck with this?

The only reason why I ask about this rather than just finding an RTP rail is that my RT classic has a custom ano and wanted to keep the classic RT look.